• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still Numb 5 Days After Oral Surgery

POOHBEAR26

POOHBEAR26

Ok I Am Having All My Teeth Taken Out Im 26 Years Old This Is My 3rd Surgery I Have 6 Teeth Left To Get Out But I Had My Surgery On Tuesday And My Bottom Half Of My Lip And Chin Is Still Numb Like. I Mean My Upper Lip Was Like That But I Dont Think It Took This Long To Go Away. Its Not Like Numbing Meds Numb But Different Like A Tingly Burny Feeling If Anyone Else Went Through This Let Me Know Im Starting To Freak Out Here

Hi Poohbear,

A couple of years ago I had an apico done (a root was removed) on a tooth and experienced the same kind of sensation you are describing. After a few days, I called the dentist as I was starting to worry. The dentist told me that the nerve was not damaged but had probably been stimulated during the surgery. I thought I would go crazy as it lasted a few weeks, and it is an odd feeling. He was right, gradually the tingling increased and more sensation started to return until my jaw was back to normal. I wouldn't worry too much, I would say the feeling you are experiencing is a sign that the nerve is repairing itself. If it makes you feel more at ease, a quick call to your dentist should allay your fears.

I hope it goes away soon. Best of luck with the rest of your treatment!

:cheers:

Thanks A Ton Thats Really Helps Me Out Alot

Back