• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still oozing blood and have a bad taste from it

M

Michy

I’m currently on day 7 of wisdom/molar extraction . So far, the swelling has gone down and no more pain ( knock on wood ) , but I have this persistence blood oozing from a bone graft on top left molar. It doesn’t bleed bleed, just ooze blood with a very bad taste. (I also had a liver clot there . But somehow it’s gone now ) I have no idea if it’s normal or not . Does anyone know ?

It doesn't sound particularly worrying. but I think you should give your surgeon a call, just to see what they think.

@Gordon another quick question, if you get two bone grafts next to each other , do you get two suture ? Or they only need to open one gum and put two in there ?

Sorry hate to give this answer... it depends :(
It varies a lot depending on a few different factors (size and location of the hole for example) and dentist preferences.

Back