• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still sad about Ignorance of Previous Dentist.

O

overbitestinks93

It's been almost 3 weeks since my consultation appointment with my new dentist about my chipping front teeth. I'm still feeling sad that not only did I have the 2 chipped teeth that were ignored, but cavities in between all 4 lower front teeth. My teeth are still sensitive and feel a little more sensitive that they were before. That and the filling in the molar I got during my first appointment with the next dentist is causing the other molar to be sensitive. (The one next to it that I did get filled by my old dentist in December)

I still feel like I'm grieving over losing more of my normal teeth from drilling for the front teeth fillings when the 2nd appointment was only last Monday. I just can't believe that I went every 6 months to the dentist and never really missed an appointment only to realize my teeth are getting worse.

Has anyone else ever felt this way after being ignored by a dentist? In one way I'm glad I finally have a dentist and staff that listened to my teeth problems and understands my anxiety. (I never really had anxiety at appointments before except for during fillings.) However, now I'm fearing cleanings after knowing how much my other dentist missed. That and I'm worried about cleanings being rough on my front fillings. I'm hoping I can be back to normal again and not be afraid of my teeth being damaged.

I think it is kind of like a grieving process - it will take time, but gradually you will be able to regain your confidence back as you build trust with your new dentist. Normal comes back x

I think it is kind of like a grieving process - it will take time, but gradually you will be able to regain your confidence back as you build trust with your new dentist. Normal comes back x

I hope so. The dentist used to be the only doctors appointment I never got nervous before. The only time I got nervous is when I had fillings. Now after realizing how much my other dentist really ignored (outside of the 2 chipped teeth I had tried to tell him about) it makes me worry that my teeth aren't going to last. I'm really hoping the sensitivity from the fillings in between my teeth front teeth goes away. My teeth feel more natural to the bite than they did after my final appointment last week, but the sensitivity still exists. (especially in the tooth that was ignored for 7 years because they weren't able to build it all the way back up.)

Back