• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Still Tingling?!

C

chikyla

I went to the dentist four weeks ago to get my old fillings replaced on the bottom and top. I had two shots of novacaine on the bottom and one on the top. I felt just about every thing on the bottom and the top was a little better. The topical cream also does nothing much for me. Big my biggest concern is that my nose is still tingling/twitching like when the novocaine wears off. I'm wondering if it can still be in my system or maybe some damage?

You didn't have novacaine. (Sorry, pet peeve of mine).

There isn't any trace of any local anaesthetic left in your system after about 24hrs, let alone four weeks. It is possible for the nerves to be damaged but usually that manifests itself as numbness, not the tingling, it's also very rare in the upper jaw.

Maybe some kind of allergic reaction to something in your surroundings?

Gordon said:
You didn't have novacaine. (Sorry, pet peeve of mine).

Just wondering Gordon, do you say 'hoover' or vacuum cleaner ?

Hoover are still in business... though God only knows why, those things never seem to work...

dysan all the way!

I usually say "Honey the floor's dirty..." :hidesbehindsofa:

As Let's says, they do still make Hoovers, Dyson roolz in this house anyway :)

Back