• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Stitches Coming Out Monday

• Thread starter Fear Is Not An Option
  • Start date
F

Fear Is Not An Option

Two weeks after my dental implants surgery, my stitches are coming out. So my appointment Monday will consist of:

1. Digital bite registration to make sure each tooth is where it should be and if not, the onsite lab will make any necessary adjustments.

2. The dentist will remove the all-on-4 to remove the stitches.

3. The upper and lower arches will be cleaned.

4. The dentist will screw my bionic (ha!) teeth back in, teach me how he wants me to use a WaterPik and floss.

Can someone please tell me what it feels like to have stitches removed from one's mouth? And the digital bite registration? Thanks! :)

I can't help with the digital bite registration. However I had several lots of sutures when I originally had my mouth sorted out and all the decayed molars removed. The removal of the sutures was very quick - my dentist had only used one or two stitches in each case - and I have to say that if I hadn't already been aware of what he was doing, I wouldn't have known that anything was happening at all. I will emphasise though that my gums had healed properly and I wasn't suffering any discomfort prior to the removal either.

John

Thanks John, that's reassuring. :)

I have also had stitches removed after wisdom teeth extractions and can honestly say I felt nothing! John is telling you the truth! ;) Not sure about the bite registration, I took a look at it on youtube and it looks like it's just making some molds of the teeth kind of like taking an impression and taking some measurements to make sure the teeth are coming together nicely and in the right place when you bite down...you should be fine! Best of Luck.

Kitkat

Back