• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Strange, possibly cracked front tooth.

• Thread starter BaileyWoodroffe
  • Start date
B

BaileyWoodroffe

Hi. I was eating something pretty hard the other day, and I heard my right front tooth possibly crack. No pain though. No more sensitivity to hot and cold than usual (I've got sensitive teeth), and every time I bite down with it I hear more "Cracks", but it Isn't loose, and it seems to reset after a while, as in i can bite down once, and it "cracks" but if i do the same it has no reaction, but if i wait an hour or so, i can get it to make the same sound again. Sometimes its like a pop, sometimes it sounds like many little cracks. No pain, and no visible cracking. I'm going to make an appointment with my dentist as soon as possible, but is there any idea on what could be happening?. I have a great deal of dental anxiety, and i want to know what the possibilities are as soon as possible.

Hi welcome, you really need to see your dentist to get the correct advice for you :)

Back