• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Success Stories Composite Re-fillings

S

SunnyDayz

I have poured through a number of posts regarding failed composite restorations. However, being as anxiety-ridden as I am, I am looking for any success stories. I am about 3 weeks post-op from having 4 fillings in my second molars redone. This has brought nothing but weird nerve pain that comes and goes, but as of late not so well. Does anyone have success stories about their composite restorations starting to feel better and 'get well' in due time? How long did it take?

I have poured through a number of posts regarding failed composite restorations. However, being as anxiety-ridden as I am, I am looking for any success stories. I am about 3 weeks post-op from having 4 fillings in my second molars redone. This has brought nothing but weird nerve pain that comes and goes, but as of late not so well. Does anyone have success stories about their composite restorations starting to feel better and 'get well' in due time? How long did it take?

I had composite fillings done and redone on my 2nd molar within a month of each other. The first failed one brought no pain. After having it done the second time, I've had pain going on 2 weeks now which comes in the form of cold sensitivity pain. It was sore to chew on for about a week. It all depends on how much decay there is and how close to the nerve it was. Mine was very deep and I've been told that it takes time to settle. If it doesn't, root canal treatment might be needed. I hope you feel better without that. I still have my wisdom teeth and now the dentist thinks that may be contributing to my problem.

Yes I had one on an upper molar that took months to settle! Give it time

Thanks guys! I know it sounds silly, but I have cried more about my teeth (I have a number of issues from a recent extraction to about 40% bone loss despite good hygiene) in the past three months than I have my whole life. I literally lie in bed at night staring at the ceiling and crying. I am trying to be patient, but I inevitably fear the worse.

You will face this!

You will make it to the other side.

You up can do it. We believe in you.

Thanks guys! I know it sounds silly, but I have cried more about my teeth (I have a number of issues from a recent extraction to about 40% bone loss despite good hygiene) in the past three months than I have my whole life. I literally lie in bed at night staring at the ceiling and crying. I am trying to be patient, but I inevitably fear the worse.

Don't worry! You aren't alone. It IS scary to not know what is going to happen. Teeth are so sensitive and can cause you a whole lot of grief. I hope you feel better soon!

Also in my original post I forgot to mention, I did have one particular tooth that was bothersome for almost a month, but it finally got better. Have you had your bite checked? Make sure that is okay too!

Back