• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Successful Check up

G

Geraint

Hi following my entry in the support forum, I had my six month check up this morning 8.40am with Dr Carolyn Rickleton, she was very frendly and welcoming, asked me how I was getting on. Wheather I was enjoying York - Having moved here six months ago. She asked wheather I had had any problems with my teeth - no. She spoke reassuringly to me whilst she examined my teeth and mouth and commented on how good my oral hyghine was - saying that she could do with more patients like me. After a short while she anounced that my teeth were fine and I don't need to go back now for six months. I have an appointment in February with the hygienist.

Had my Fissure sealant replaced

Following my thread in the support column about my fissure sealant that had worn away / come out. I had my fissure sealant replaced this morning. Mrs Rickleton was really welcoming as usual. After having a look at my teeth she confirmed that my fissure had partially come away. She cleaned the fissure out with a probe then applied an etch (mild acid) to the tooth for 15 seconds then rinsed the etch away and dried the tooth before applying a new fissure sealant. She then used a ultra violate (UV) light to set the fissure sealant. After the sealant had set she got me to bite together to check if the sealant was too high or not, which it was. She then carefully trimmed the sealant down. The whole appointment took about 15 minutes she was really reassuring through out. When she had finished I thanked her for being really sympathetic and careful with me - she said there was no need for me to thank her and praised how well I look after my teeth.

Hygienist appointment 25/02/2009

Hygienist Appointment 25/02/2009

Had my six monthly scale and polish with my Hygienist on the 25th Feb. I saw Sarah Thirkill. She asked if I was ok with having a scale and polish as she knew I was nervous from my records. Having a scale and polish doesn't bother me and I said I would be ok. She was really reassuring through out the appointment, and regularly asked if I was ok. The whole appointment took about 25 minutes, she said I have very good oral hygiene, she explained that this was important for someone who is nervous about having dental treatment as it will help avoid the need for further dental treatment. I don't need to see her now for six months.

Re: Hygienist appointment 25/02/2009

That's great! :jump:

Re: Hygienist appointment 25/02/2009

Mine took over an hour--because I hadn't had it done in like 17 years! :o:whistle:

Now that I know it isn't so bad...I won't hesitate to keep up on it, so long as we still have insurance.

I posted in the support section a few weeks ago about my up and coming check up. Good news I've just come back and everything is fine. She ( Mrs C Rickleton) my dentist said my teeth were fine and my oral hygiene is excellent. She said that if all her patients looked after their teeth as well as I do it would make her life a lot easier. She also told me that the hygienist I see - Sarah Thirkill regards me as one of her star patients. I have an appointment with the hygienist in August, but I don't need to go to the dentist for six months now.

:respect:Geraint, that is truly awesome. Good for you!

Mona

Had my six monthly scale and polish

Hello after my post in the support section I had my six monthly scale and polish this afternoon.
Sara Thirkill my hygienist said my teeth were very clean and that my oral hygiene is very good. she spoke reassuringly to me through out the appointment, pausing regularly for me. I see her again in six months time.

Re: Had my six monthly scale and polish

;D and :yay:I am so very happy to read this Geraint. I hope you do something to celebrate.

Mona

Hello following my message in the support column about my up and coming check up. I had my check up this morning Mrs C. was really lovely and caring as usual and the check up went fine she was really pleased with my oral hygiene and tooth brushing and my gums were fine as well. Unfortunately I've been dismised from my job so may not be in York much longer I will really miss her caring approach.

Welcome Back

Hello as some of you may have read from my last post in this column I have unfortunately lost my job in York and had to move back to North Wales and unfortunately leave my dentist in York. I have chosen to go back to Miss J. L Potter the dentist I was originally with from 1991 - 1997 - see my journal. Well I had my first check up on Wednesday the practice has been extended from when I last went there 13 years ago with a very relaxing waiting area. Miss Potter was really welcoming and thanked me for the letter I had sent her. She said she appreciated that I was nervous about the drill and asked if I was OK to have an examination. She was really reassuring through out and explained everything (as I remember her) even demonstrating the air syringe to me before blowing air on to my teeth she reassured me that all I needed to do was wave my hand if I needed her to stop. At the end she said my teeth were fine and praised me on how well I have looked after them. I just need a scale and polish now she assured me that she still has the same hygienist as she had last time I attended back in 1997. I remember her being very careful as well. i have my hygienist appointment on 26 /01/ 10

I had my six monthly check up this morning with Miss Potter and she was really reassuring as usual. She said my teeth were fine and praised how well I look after them. I then saw the hygienist Mrs Gill Stagg she was really reassuring as she cleaned my teeth she said there was very little tartar there then finished off by polishing my teeth.

Last edited:
Check up on 7/2/11

I have my six monthly check up and scale and polish on Monday hopefuly everything will be ok. i will let you know how I get on.

As you may have read from my thread in the support section, I had my six monthly check up this morning. Good news everything was fine, I thought on of my fissure sealants had come away slightly, but Miss potter assured me it was fine. She was her usual caring self explaining everything to me and speaking to me reassuringly through out. At the end she said that I take such good care of my teeth, that I didn't need anything doing. I then went through to the hygienist who was as caring as she always isand she said there was very little to clean, just a hand scale then polish. I don't need to go now for six months.

Great news!!!
I'm so happy for you!
:hug2:'s

Sucessful Check up

As you may have read from my post in the support section, I had my six monthly check up this morning with Miss Potter. She was really welcoming and reassuring as usual, and said she only wished she had more patients like me. She told me my teeth were fine, I then saw the hygienist Gill Stagg and she was also very happy with my teeth. I don't need to go now for another six months.

Re: Sucessful Check up

Hi Geraint thats good perhaps we should meet upp sometimes iam in Chester its a pity Miss Potter does not do nhs patients.

Dave.:)

I had my six monthly check up this morning, Miss Potter was loveley and really welcoming as usual. She was really pleased with my teeth and said my oral hygiene had immproved since last visit. I then saw the hygenist Gill Stagg for a scale and polish which was fine she was really reassuring as usual. I don't need to go back now for six months.

Brilliant Nice to see you again.

Dave.:)

Great job awsome to hear everything went well :XXLhug:

Back