• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Successful Wisdom teeth removal with IV Sedation

L

Lisa1992

Hi! This forum really helped me calm my nerves and actually going to my dental appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed so I had to come back and tell about my experience!

So 2 days ago I finally had my wisdom teeth removed after my dentist told me for 15 years that I should get them out! (I'm 29 now)
Honestly, I can tell everyone who is planning to get them removed to get IV sedation!

My appointment was at 7 am (I wanted the first appointment since I couldn't eat or drink before the surgery because of the IV, but also because that gave me less time to freak out in the morning?) .
When I got to my dentist, they took me to the room and measured my blood pressure (little high of course), blood oxygen level and also put 3 stickers?on me (2 on my collarbone area and one on my stomach, not sure what exactly that measures but I'm guessing the heart rythm?).

Then I was ready for my IV, the dentist came in and after poking me twice (which wasn't bad at all), the needle was in and he told me that I would feel really comfortable in about 2-3 minutes! After about 30 seconds the room started to moving and I was out cold! The next thing I remember is the dental Assistant waking me up and helping me get up, then I remember being at home... overall after they inserted the needle the rest of my day is super blurry! I don't know how I got home ?, so its definitely important to make sure you are accompanied by someone you trust deeply!

Now 2 days later, I haven't had any pain so far just a stiff jaw and I'm still pretty sleepy which is good since sleep helps your body heal after all!

Ok that's my story and I hope it helps someone out there who is as scared and terrified of their wisdome teeth removal as I was! No reason to freak out, just try to stay calm, once the iv kicks in you'll feel like you take a quick nap and wake up with gauze un your mouth! No pain! No memories of the procedure!

You got this! ♡

Lisa 1992

:welcome: and thanks for sharing your great testimony! This is awesome, and calming to read!
No pain is awesome too! just wow :):jump::perfect:

Back