Suddenly all my teeth seem to be dying

D

Ddmg

I am about ready to jump off a bridge. I have had 3 teeth die on me in the last 2 months. One after the other. I’ve had 3 root canals and I swear I feel another one on its way out. Anyone else ever have this happen? I’m really worried and sick...literally. I’m afraid to eat or drink anything. I’ve lost 40 lbs in the last 2 months from all of this. HELP! ?

M

MountainMama

I am so sorry! I feel that way about my teeth right now...not that they are all dying, but that one dental issue seems to have a snowball effect. It is scaring me as well, and making me feel as though my life is on hold right now.
I had to have a crown replaced on a molar, which led to a root canal that failed. Then another molar on the opposite side started hurting, which led to replacing a filling that got too deep. It hasn't stopped hurting after two weeks, so I am guessing another root canal is coming.

I also had to have an extra impacted wisdom tooth removed through oral surgery last week, because it was blocking the roots of my root canal treated tooth. I have to have an apicoectomy as a last ditch effort to save my molar.

I have also lost weight, as I haven't been able to eat solid food in two months. I know how you feel! Smoothies are basically sustaining me right now.

D

Ddmg

I’m so sorry to hear that you as well are having all these dental issues. It’s draining emotionally and on the pocket. I’m so scared to eat because I feel like I’m going to feel that cold/hot sensitive shooting pain I’ve had before the root canals. It’s so frustrating. Makes me wonder if anyone else had ever needed these many root canals all at once :(

Hopefully time will help us get through this.

M

MountainMama

I’m so sorry to hear that you as well are having all these dental issues. It’s draining emotionally and on the pocket. I’m so scared to eat because I feel like I’m going to feel that cold/hot sensitive shooting pain I’ve had before the root canals. It’s so frustrating. Makes me wonder if anyone else had ever needed these many root canals all at once :(

Hopefully time will help us get through this.

I wonder the same thing about others going through this. I can't chew on the failed root canal side, and am terrified to chew on the other side and get the same shooting pain/sensitivity you are describing. Like I said, smoothies are pretty much my diet right now. Or lukewarm soup.

I hope your root canals went well, and that you don't need more. I am absolutely terrified of getting an abscess before I can get it all figured out. It is exhausting and expensive. I have already maxed out my dental insurance for the year so everything is out of pocket at this point.

I am also obsessive about brushing my teeth now and worry over every little twinge, which is driving me crazy.

Dg6300

Dg6300

Please do not jump off of any bridges. You can handle this. There will be difficult moments, for sure, but you’re going to make it.

What is the plan?

D

Ddmg

I never knew dental issues could cause someone to be suicidal and it’s really wearing me out :(

So far I’ve seen 3 dentists and 2 Endodontics and no one really has a plan for me. I’ve just been dealing with them as they die.

I’m really anxious, nervous and scared about my teeth all day every day.

M

MountainMama

I never knew dental issues could cause someone to be suicidal and it’s really wearing me out :(

So far I’ve seen 3 dentists and 2 Endodontics and no one really has a plan for me. I’ve just been dealing with them as they die.

I’m really anxious, nervous and scared about my teeth all day every day.

Do you have family or friends for support? The only reason I am just trucking on is my kids.

D

Ddmg

How did you know your root canal failed? And how long after did it fail? I’m scared mine will fail.

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dear Ddmg,

this sounds scary and I get your frustration and sickness about this! If my teeth were dying just like that and I wouldn't know what's going on, I would be depressed too!

First of all it sounds like you really need input about what exactly is going on. Did you talk to your dental people about what's happening?
What did your dentist / endodontist tell you about the cause of this? And what steps are getting taken to make sure it won't happen again?

If you didn't have such a chat with your dentist till now, please schedule an appointment. It's valid to want to know what's going on. If your current dentist can't give you answers, keep on searching.
I would like to encourage you to drink and eat. If your anxiety is so bad that you are not able at the moment, the only solution is, again, to talk to your dentist about this. He/she must be able to explain to you if there is any connection between eating/drinking and your teeth.

All the best wishes and keep us posted.

M

MountainMama

How did you know your root canal failed? And how long after did it fail? I’m scared mine will fail.

Mine was quite obvious right from the start. The pain never went away, or got better. My endodontist had me wait two weeks, because she said it can take months to heal, but by two weeks the pain should be at least a little less. My tooth is super sensitive to any pressure, like just running my tongue over it. It was a complicated molar, though, which has a higher failure rate. Front teeth are typically successful.

If you are worried about chewing, at least grab some of those nutrition shakes, or make a smoothie. My endodontist and dentist told me to eat lots of vitamin C, which helps promote healing. Not eating may actually delay the healing process.