• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

supernumerary tooth 6 year old

R

rmom

My almost 6 year old son has a tooth growing behind his top front tooth. He has not lost any teeth yet. To me it appears to be peg-like(only a little point has erupted so far). That top front baby tooth is a bit sensitive and loose. My dentists' office said via phone that we can wait and see if it comes in/pushes out the other tooth. We have an appt. next month anyway for cleaning, but I am so worried that he will have the life long complications my husband has had with his teeth. We were last at the dentist 3 months ago and had x-rays-they didn't say anything about supernumerary teeth from the x-rays. My husband had 4 supernumerary teeth at 5 years old so I am assuming that is what it is. If that is what it is, is there any chance of letting it grow in and fall out on its own, Or do all supernumerary teeth have to be extracted? Are there any alternatives?

Last edited:
See my post on Paediatric dentistry page!

Back