• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Supplements or vitamins I can take to speed up healing after oral surgery?

J

Jesswithrow_

Hi there I just had my wisdom teeth taken out I am 26 years old female. I am currently taking fish oil vitamin c and a multi vitamin but I was wondering are there any other supplements that I can take to help speed up the healing process or give my body what it needs? I’m on day 4 and still in quite a bit of pain as well as I will be running out of painkillers later today so I’m kinda freaking out. I have low pain tolerance as well.

Sol

Sol

Don't know of any specific supplements that would help but the pain after surgery is usually the worst after the 3rd or 4th day. Hope things start improving for you tomorrow. If you haven't checked it out yet you may find this guide about to expect during healing helpful.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have taken whats called opc 3 after any procedures its a strong antioxidant and its healed nicely everytime.. its a powder suppliment I order online

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 13