• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

prettybees

prettybees

i’m sure i’ve read every possible bit of advice i could find already on this but no harm in more. does anyone have any tips for making your first appointment? tips about the phone call itself or how to gather the courage to do it? it would be very much appreciated!

I'd definitely say read reviews of the dentists, especially the positive ones so you can see how they've helped other people. I personally called them early in the morning so I didn't have to think about it all day. Best of luck to you

If it’s difficult for you to speak on the phone about it find their email or send a Facebook message. I could not call for anything, my dentist was very responsive to messages. I was able to explain my phobia without being embarrassed. Let us know how it goes for you.

i really wish i had some support in real life. a buddy to go to the appointment with me would alleviate a lot of fear for me i think but i don’t have any friends. i would take one of my parents but with medical stuff, they always make my reactions worse. something about them trying to comfort me gets me even more hysteric. i am wishing on the stars for a supportive friend to just appear lol. :,(

Back