• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

SURVIVED A CHECKUP!

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

Well, first steep done and over with. I got the checkup, and suprisingly no teeth need to come out! I need 5 fillings though, but all things consitered, thats alot less then i thought i would need.

Doc was ok. Nothing special. Seemed anoyed i was afrade and asking a million questions, but it went far better then the last time. I dident feel like i needed to jump off a building after this appointment like the last one!

Truth is, i was, and to some extent, scared. Yes, i need work, but i knew that before i went in. That was unexcapable. But, im glad the work that needs to be done are JUST fillings. Here i am thinking, bridges, crowns, extractions, the works.

So now i gota get the fillings done! So im halfway there i guess. I got a choice, see the doc that checked me out today, who seemed nice, and get 2 or 3 done at a time, WITHOUT GAS, or see the head chief over there, who i was told was a real jerk, but he uses gas and could concevabley get all the fillings done in one shot, WITH GAS. So, im due for atleast another appointment, maby 2, depending on my choices, but, i gota say, its alot better then i thought i was going to have to go through. THAT SAID, im still tripping out over the fillings, but, i dont think inless your jesus, or a jedi knight, you go through life without needing some fillings. Unfortuntley im not eather one, nor do i know jesus or any jedi knights (or any star trek dentists who could just wave a light thingie and heal up all the cavaies,)

So, i guess the saga is somewhat complete. I know now were i stand. all said and done, i do feel alot better, BUT i also know work needs to be done, just eager to get it done and have it all behind me!

Way to go!!!  :jump:  :jump:  :jump:  So glad to hear that it went well.  You should be very proud of yourself, this was a huge step for you.  

Having nitrous can be a benefit if you are extremely nervous or have a bad gag reflex but for some it is a problem because of a perceived lack of control.  I had it once and it made me feel relaxed and giggly but nothing more.   As for the dentist, that's also a consideration, his annoyance with your fear might be more of an issue if you get treatment from him.  You did mention that you thought he was nice but it's important you do what is most comfortable for you.

Good luck with your next appt. I'm sure it will go just as smoothly.

Best wishes,
Pam

thanks. Right now, im thinking about going to the guy who does the gas. Do as much as possable, while im as confortable as possable! Guess ill talk it over with my shrink. Last thing i want is multiple appointments.

nothing desided yet.

Well done! :jump: :jump: Do what is best for you but well done on the appointment!

I allready schedualed another appointment for noon next wensday to get some fillings done. Yes, im nervous, but, everyone told me, the worse part of the filling is the enjections and even that isnt bad!

Just want to get it done. Hopefully my dentist will do 3 wensday on one side, the other 2 a week later!

hi
and you can always have magic cream! oh ok then numbing gel first then you really dont feel the injections :)

Tru. Just wana get it done and over with!

Hey!!!! Congratulations! It took a lot for you to work up to this point and you should be really really proud of yourself. I'm proud of you and I've never even met you. Cheers! :cheers:

Back