• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sweet sensitivity in inlay

O

Ottosmomma

Just wanted some advice or been there experience with this. I had a porcelain inlay placed on one of my upper back small molars a couple months ago. The bite had to be adjusted a few times and then it seemed generally ok, some typically expected sensitivity. Well it seems now to be slightly sweet sensitive? Only to like very sweet food, ie. Frosting or something with lots of sugar which I don’t eat often but it concerns me. It feels there is a fair amount of space now between this new inlay tooth and the adjacent tooth, causing food to get stuck there so I floss often, wondering if my flossing could be irritating the gums and or root of the tooth? Really hoping the 1100$ I spent on this inlay won’t need to be redone. There aren’t any other issues with it and I cna chew fine, tapping doesn’t hurt etc

Hi Ottosmomma,

what you describe reminds me of my ordeal with a tooth that got a filling - I had sensitivity and some pain now and then and it has been a food trap. Got it redone several times, either for a dentist to 'open it and have a look' or to 'try to make the contact tighter' so that food wouldn't get trapped. Nothing helped, until my current dentist tested it and put a desensitizing fluid on it. I know there is a difference between an inlay and a filling, but the point is - get it checked by a dentist you trust and let them find a solution, there will be one.

All the best wishes and keep us posted.

Hi Ottosmomma,

what you describe reminds me of my ordeal with a tooth that got a filling - I had sensitivity and some pain now and then and it has been a food trap. Got it redone several times, either for a dentist to 'open it and have a look' or to 'try to make the contact tighter' so that food wouldn't get trapped. Nothing helped, until my current dentist tested it and put a desensitizing fluid on it. I know there is a difference between an inlay and a filling, but the point is - get it checked by a dentist you trust and let them find a solution, there will be one.

All the best wishes and keep us posted.

that actually is what I’m thinking, that I should start using my MI paste that I purchased but haven’t used.

Back