• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Swindon: Sevenfields Dental Practice

V

vixi

Hi I can recomened my dentist Patrick Holmes

www.sevenfields.co.uk

Patrick and his team have been very understanding and very professional
And will do all they can to help you get over the fear
I would not go anywhere else now

You can call in to the clinic to chat with them first and to have a look around, they are private but the prices are in line with other private practices in the area

Any further questions please pm me I will be more than happy to answer them

Vixi

Re: Swindon Dentist

Vixi,
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is nice to know that it helped. Being realistic, I would hope that most people can think of something they would rather do than come to us, and so we like to do all that we can to make a visit as pleasant as possible.

It is interesting that you found being shown around the building helpful, as this seems to be something which is happening more frequently.

Once again thanks for your kind words

Patrick

Swindon Dentist

As a very nervous 46 year old I have just returned from my first experience of sevenfields dental practice in swindon, as seen on this forum. I can only say that Patrick and the whole team were excellant from start to finish. This is a state of the art modern practice in relaxing premises and everyone is very understanding. I had an old filling removed as it had an infection under it. This was cleaned up and then a temporary filling was put in place until I decide what to have done. I did not feel a thing and my faith is restored that there are very good practices around and this certainly is one. I am delighted to be without pain.:)

Re: Swindon Dentist

Hi Old Boy

I am glad you had a good experience with Patrick and his team
Having a dentist that you feel you can trust is a major factor in getting over any anxiety.

Patrick its great to see you on here, I think the being able to meet you first and look around was key for me, for some people just doing that, is a major step in facing the fear.

See you soon

Vicky C

Sevenfields Dental Practice , Swindon

i am a 61 yr old terrified dentalphobe and i mean terrified Patrick, Mandy and the team are wonderful and have got me through a lot of dental work. Yes Ive had a blip but again have faced the fear and have got through it. do not hesitate to go to the surgery where you will be treated with dignity; calmness and treatment to suityour needs evenif its for a chat, cup of tea or a walk round the beautiful building

Re: Sevenfields Dental Practice , Swindon

I visited Sevenfields this week following the recommendation on this site.

As a very nervous patient, who hasn't been to the dentist for over 20 years, I broke a tooth so could no longer avoid my dreaded fear. I am so grateful to Patrick for the respect, directness and kindness that he showed me. Treatment to follow but this visit has done a lot to build my confidence.

Oh and the building is fab, more like a 5* hotel than a dentists, if ever there was an environment to put you at ease.

I visited Sevenfields this week following the recommendation on this site.

As a very nervous patient, who hasn't been to the dentist for over 20 years, I broke a tooth so could no longer avoid my dreaded fear. I am so grateful to Patrick for the respect, directness and kindness that he showed me. Treatment to follow but this visit has done a lot to build my confidence.

Oh and the building is fab, more like a 5* hotel than a dentists, if ever there was an environment to put you at ease.

Well done Scaredy Cat
having the right dentist makes all the difference , and the building is lovely
I just had to have a filing done not long ago on my back molar and Patrick was lovely, he is very good at putting you at ease .

best dentist ever...swindon

A few months ago whilst living near cirencester one of my front teeth came out due to it being broken by my horse! I was mortified..scared of dentists but really scared of smiling at anyone!! I tried several dentists in the area but none of them could guarantee to make me smile the same day apart from one..seven fields in swindon..they assured me they would fix it straight away and they were very understanding if my fear and made me feel at ease. The practice is very welcoming and decorated like a hotel! My dentist patrick holmes and his staff were absolutley amazing and once id sat down in the chair and patrick had put franksinatra on id completley forgotten my fear!! Sadly i had to recently move back home to kent but after searching everywhere i cqnt find a dentist nearly half as good so i will be taking the 200 mile trip to seven fields just to see a dentist because seven ields is by f ar the best!!:jump:

I just had a filing done by Patrick , he is wonderful :) by far the best

I've tried to access their site but seems like it is under construction, unless I am going about it the wrong way?

I visited Sevenfields today. Which I was dreading, I was told by Patrick that I required a filling removed and a new one replaced as I had a hair line crack in one of my teeth. Even with my first consultation I was crying. Patrick talked to me and even said if it hurt it would be free. I can't imagine any other dentist saying this. He was true to his word, I never felt a thing. I still cried at the start but both Patrick and Melissa were fantastic and talked the whole time. They even asked what music I liked to listen to and that was playing in the background before I entered the room. I didn't even feel the injection as he used numbing gel before hand. I will know for the next time to trust Patrick completely when he says it isn't going to hurt. The girls in the office were also brilliant and asked how it went when I had finished. Sevenfields is brilliant. I have been a patient for over 10 years but this was the first time I have had to get anything done which was very scarey.

Jill

Hi,
unfortunately our website is undergoing some general maintainable at the moment but if you have any questions or would just like to chat to one of the team please call us on 01793 722194!? Nicki would be happy to help you!
Alternatively you can email Rachel on [email protected]
Kind regards
melissa xx

I had my initial consultation with Patrick the other day.
I am very dental phobic and have been putting off going to the dentist for a very long time.
I finally decided to try and face my fears and took a while to find a dentist I felt I could go to.
Patrick was so kind and understanding and made me feel at ease.
I need some work done,so know it's early days still but would really recommend this practice if you
are a nervous patient.:)

Seven Fields Dental Health Centre,
Swindon are pleased to announce the launch of their new website.

Please feel free to browse the site and learn more about the treatments and services they offer. There is even a page devoted solely to their 'more cautious' dental patients.

You can also contact their kind and helpful receptionist on 01793 722194, if you would like to know more.

Regards

The Seven Fields Team

"More cautious" - I love it :grin:. Very apt!

Back