• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Swollen cheek

O

Onetragichero

Good day, I had a root canal on the number 2 tooth on 7/2 and had understandable pain through to 7/3; however, that evening my cheek swelled and was extremely painful. With the office closed for the 4 day weekend I have had no recourse but to let it run Its course and work on the discomforts. While being on their antibiotic, I figured it would eventually kick in. It has now been 3 days and the swelling has gone down and the pain lessened. Is there anything else I can do and primarily, does anyone have a guess as to how it might have happened?

Not really, some ice packs might help with the swelling but if it's going down anyway I'd probably leave it.

Too many things could have caused it to make any kind of guess without at least seeing you.

Not really, some ice packs might help with the swelling but if it's going down anyway I'd probably leave it.

Too many things could have caused it to make any kind of guess without at least seeing you.
Thank you. The dentist office is open tomorrow and I can find out for sure, it feels better by the day. Just don’t think it should be this much pain and discomfort 6 days after a procedure like this. I appreciate you taking time on this holiday weekend for me.

It's not a holiday weekend here, anyway I'm retired, every day is a holiday :)

Back