• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Swollen Face

C

chunky

Hi sooo two days ago I had pain in one of my left upper molar and was relieved with painkillers. However yesterday the pain gradually increased and painkillers weren't really helping anymore. Last night after about and hour of sleep I woke up and found my whole left cheek swollen. The pain has gone from the tooth but my face is very noticably swollen and tender to touch. There is also a tender lump on my gum on the swollen side.
This all occured on a weekend away, I have only just arrived home and I have made an appointment for first thing in the morning with the dentist. I phoned the Dr to see if they could help but they just advised me to see the dentist first.
Should I be concerned with the swelling? Will waiting until the morning for the dentist be ok?

It should be fine, if the swelling gets bad enough to really worry you, then go to your nearest ER.

Back