• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Swollen/Redish Gums?

W

Woolfy147

Former Member
I need some help asap if possible

The gum behind my front lip is very painful and has become a bit sore over the past couple of days it is also a bit red and swollen!

Can you let me know what you think, thank everyone

If it has suddenly come on, there are a number of possibilities that aren't too severe. Try to eliminate the most basic ones first.

Gums can often get inflamed when a particle of something gets stuck in them. (Popcorn kernel husks often stick in mine, and then something like this happens.) Have you tried using dental floss around that tooth? Or probed around it with a toothpick? One of these might find and dislodge something. You might also just feel around - you can probably put a fingernail on the tooth right at the gum line, and that may reveal something. You might also rinse with a few extra mouthfuls of water - swish them around the sore spot as best you can. The idea is the same - a potential way to dislodge something.

For whatever it's worth to you, this would be my first course of action.

Back