• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

swollen section of the gum

O

oscar1658

Hello i'm new here, i had a tooth removed when i was 6 because of an abcess and it all got bad from there! Last two days i have gotten a swollen section of gum, the triangular part, between two lower front teeth and i couldnt sleep last night from the worry, its not really sore at all, tender alittle...its the same colour as the rest and its slightly puffy and inflammed, does anyone know what this is? The dentist recently sent me a letter through the post aying my august appointment has been cancelled and to make another...i probably dont have to tell you guys that its an excuse now not to go, cant face that practice again i turn into a crying mess and the shaking and really fast breathing starts and its embarrasing! But this gum thing, what would you do?

Have you recently started flossing after not flossing for a while? My gums get puffy and bleed when that happens right in the little triangle area. You could try ibuprofen to get the swelling down and see if it goes away.

Have you recently started flossing after not flossing for a while? My gums get puffy and bleed when that happens right in the little triangle area. You could try ibuprofen to get the swelling down and see if it goes away.

Yes actually ive tried to do it more frequently, how long did it take to heal?? Thankyou for your reply :)

It only took me a day because I hadn't flossed in a week. Not sure if it's different if you floss after months or years. But I would guess so.

I usually floss daily but i started a new job in late august and through being alittle tired i neglected my flossing for a few weeks til wednesday then thursday this bulgy thing happened! its alittle less bulgy today and still doesnt really hurt at all, ive had the saltwater treatment going :)

Back