• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

tearful

R

redboo

So have found a new dentist (last one lost my trust and that took all my strength to trust her) so instead of leaving it years it's only been 2 weeks since my seeing previous dentist and i have booked an appointment with a new one, am very tearful right now even though I have learnt the build up is worse than being in there, but I still can't stop my stupid brain being stupid grrr

Sorry to hear about your first dentist. Trust is very important! Congrats on making a new appt with a new dentist! You are definitely on your way to a healthy smile! I can understand your fear it's like starting over again. I'm sure it took a lot for you to build a relationship with the first dentist! You are very strong and you can do this! Keep us posted I know things will get better!