• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teen son missing front teeth- Options?

T

tess456plum

Hello- My 16 year old son has braces now. He is missing the two teeth on either side of his front teeth. Due to the fact that these teeth are missing, his canines came in above his front teeth and have caused the roots of the front teeth to be damaged and shorter. The orthodontist just told me today that may son may lose the two front teeth as well. I am so upset and worried about this. He won't be old enough for implants for quite some time. I have read up about options and a bonded bridge and it sounds like it would be good until he is old enough for implants. My question is, can a bonded bridge be done for all four front teeth, or is that too many? Thank you for any advice. If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate hearing about it. Thank you.

Ive done many bonded bridges. They are ideal for your son. Fortunately he is in braces so The orthodontist can place the teeth ideally for the bonded bridge and the bonded bridge will hold the canines in place until implants are appropriate. Don't rush as older is better. A bonded bridge may last for many years if he is careful

Hello- My 16 year old son has braces now. He is missing the two teeth on either side of his front teeth. Due to the fact that these teeth are missing, his canines came in above his front teeth and have caused the roots of the front teeth to be damaged and shorter. The orthodontist just told me today that may son may lose the two front teeth as well. I am so upset and worried about this. He won't be old enough for implants for quite some time. I have read up about options and a bonded bridge and it sounds like it would be good until he is old enough for implants. My question is, can a bonded bridge be done for all four front teeth, or is that too many? Thank you for any advice. If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate hearing about it. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back