• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth Grinding Insecurity

H

hayleyy

IMG_8419.jpgIMG_8418.jpg
So these are my teeth. As you can see, in the pictures clearly it looks like I have a chip in one of my teeth. This is from how bad I grind my teeth at night. I think I've done it my whole life, but it recently got bad in the past year or so because of anxiety and my anti-depressants, but I'm not completely sure. I'm just really insecure about that tooth and feel like it looks really bad. I've had braces as well but didn't wear my retainer so my teeth have shifted and I'm not happy with them. Just wondering what people think. :(

View attachment 1119View attachment 1120
So these are my teeth. As you can see, in the pictures clearly it looks like I have a chip in one of my teeth. This is from how bad I grind my teeth at night. I think I've done it my whole life, but it recently got bad in the past year or so because of anxiety and my anti-depressants, but I'm not completely sure. I'm just really insecure about that tooth and feel like it looks really bad. I've had braces as well but didn't wear my retainer so my teeth have shifted and I'm not happy with them. Just wondering what people think. :(

Have your dentist check your teeth for grinding...i think there is special mouthguards they can give that you wear and you cant grind your teeth while you are wearing it...

Your teeth look really good...a chip is easy for a dentist to repair..ususally they just build it up with filling stuff and then smooth it until you cant tell which part is tooth and which part is filling :)

If its making you insecure why not see your dentist and see what they say can be done...you will feel tons happier once you have it fixed...i had a broken tooth repaired once...my tooth is one third tooth and two thirds filling believe it or not...its great how they can fix teeth and make them look like new...

Back