• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth growing in behind...

S

sarahcvc

The 2 teeth either side of my front teeth are growing in behind (I'm 14) the baby teeth, kind of on the roof of my mouth, but not that far back. & they're abnormal in size... too small. I'm getting braces sometime, but you know how orthodontists can be with taking their time to reply... & it's been a constant worry for me for years.

The dentist said they'll basically have to bring the 2 teeth forward. But I've also worried as to how they'll manage, because the one on the left is really quite small, so I can't see the train-track style brace fitting on it... so yes. What type of braces do you reckon I'll get? How long will it take? Will they have to remove the 2 baby teeth - another worry, as I feel this will look weird? :\

& once they are finally moved, how will they make them bigger? The dentist said it's an easy enough things to do, & I 'shouldn't worry at all'... how will they do this? What material will be used? Will I have to go back every so often to get them built up again or what?

Please help... like I said, it's been my biggest worry for years. But I'm finally getting it sorted, so.

Answers greatly appreciated.

Write your questions out, if those are what you're worried about, take them with you to the orthodontist and nag them to answer them till your happy that you understand the proposed treatment.

It's really hard for anyone here to answer your questions without seeing you.

Back