• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth in serious condition need some advice

T

tscott

My teeth started decaying during my last pregnancy. Since then a filling came out and from there part of the tooth broke and I just have a hole in my mouth now its like a tooth is growing out of my gum or bone coming out and another tooth keeps trying to grow from where it has broken. It is painful but my irrational fear of the dentist outweighs the pain. I also have other teeth that are decaying. I am only 38 and the sad part is I dont kiss my husband anymore due to the fear of my breath from the nasty teeth, Please help

My teeth started decaying during my last pregnancy. Since then a filling came out and from there part of the tooth broke and I just have a hole in my mouth now its like a tooth is growing out of my gum or bone coming out and another tooth keeps trying to grow from where it has broken. It is painful but my irrational fear of the dentist outweighs the pain. I also have other teeth that are decaying. I am only 38 and the sad part is I dont kiss my husband anymore due to the fear of my breath from the nasty teeth, Please help

are you in the uk? If so maybe start by googling to see which dentists in your area are taking on NHS and take it from there - you are not alone, many of us have been there, people can understand the fear - if you are a mum for your kids' sake eventually you have to face it really - for me it's when I realised that I found it even hard to take them there.

Honestly the pain of going can't be as bad of the pain from your tooth - please try and make the call as soon as you can, posting here is a first step - I don't know as I'm not a dentist but a broken tooth must have health implications, as much as you don't want to you know probably in your heart of hearts that you need to go....

Make that first call - it may not be as bad as you think and the longer you leave it the worse it will be - easy for me to say I know but trust me, been there.

You can do it - even if right now childbirth seems a lot less of a scary prospect - let us know how you get on

Back