• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth Loose after Teeth Cleaning - ? Gordon

S

squiggles010196

Hi Gordon
I have a question. I go to my appointment this Thursday to have 6 teeth pulled and have my teeth cleaned. I was told that my teeth will be extremely loose after they get cleaned due to the plaque buildiup.

I am worried that if I do anything the rest of the teeth will come out? How long will it take for the gum to heal up. I have this horrid fear that now everything will come out.

Who told you that? It's kind of inaccurate. If your teeth are a bit loose because of long term gum disease then cleaning them may help them to firm up a bit. It won't make them feel (or indeed be) any looser. If they are so loose that there's any possibility that you could pull them out by accident then your dentist would have planned to remove them. Don't worry about it.

Hi,

My dentist said that after the cleaning that they may be extremely loose. I am having 4 taken out in top front and 2 on the bottom. The 2 on the bottom ...are 1 on 1 side and 1 on the other. None of my teeth at this time feel loose at all.

I do know I have lots of ugly plaque.

I hope that after I get thru my fear/trauma that I will be on the road to better dental health if I can make it thru Thursday's appointment.

Hm, i don't know .. I had a cleaning 3 days ago and I now feel that one of my front teeth are looser (well I can almost shift it side to side) and am quite worried. It never felt this way before I had it cleaned.

Hi

I just had my teeth deep cleaned today. Later on I was worried that the ones in the front are loose so I went back, the movement felt really huge but I couldn't really see if they were moving or not.
Anyway the dentist said there is no problem, what I am feeling when I run my tongue over my teeth is saliva, and small amounts of tongue and inflammed gum, squidging through the new gap between my teeth where the tartar has been removed. It feels like my teeth are loose because I am not used to the sensation with the tartar removed. It feels really awful and "clicks" occassionally too but he said there is honestly nothing to worry about and if I floss, brush correctly and rinse with warm saltwater the gums should firm up and bond back to the teeth in a couple of weeks or so. In the meantime try not to irritate it by playing with it because I'll just make the gum more sore.