• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

teeth sensitivity after polishing my fillings

J

joongieforeva

4 days ago i had fillings behind my upper front tooth. i experience pain after the fillings on the first day and the pain go away on the 2nd day. my tongue couldn't get used to the new fillings ( behind my middle front tooth) so i go back to the dentist on the 3rd day and tell her my tongue feels something foreign. she offers to polish my teeth, at first i rejected because i don't want to do anything to my teeth anymore. she assure me that it is painless. after she polished my teeth (the back of my fronth tooth) where i have fillings started to feel sensitive. i feel sensitive when i drink water ( room temperature plain water), when i eat cold stuff. I'm afraid she polish off my real teeth? because my fillings are tooth coloured?

is this normal? did she polish the part of the fillings away which is important so now my teeth is sensitive after that part was gone? will the sensitivity subside in a few more days?

i really hate myself for going back to the dentist again. if i just leave the way it is (ignore my sensitive tongue) maybe this problem wouldn't happen

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I could be that you need a few days for the tooth to settle. If you had left the rough filling for your tongue to fiddle with it would have driven you mad, so you would have had to have it smoothed at some point.

If the pain continues go back and see the dentist and let them investigate what the problem is.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I could be that you need a few days for the tooth to settle. If you had left the rough filling for your tongue to fiddle with it would have driven you mad, so you would have had to have it smoothed at some point.

If the pain continues go back and see the dentist and let them investigate what the problem is.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

i feel sensitivity around the place where i had fillings, not the whole tooth. does this mean there is a problem with the fillings?

Back