• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Teeth Whitenening after a filling

P

Purpt505

Hi i just used some teeth whitening at home, i recently had a large filling on the front tooth at the bottom, and this is causing excruciating pain, any ideas?

I'm not sure but I do know that after a filling teeth can be quite sensitive. I know mine were when brushing after a filling so it could possibly be that, I'm not 100% sure as I'm not a dentist. Hope the pain goes and if it doesn't maybe call your dentist and let them know.

Is the pain sensitivity pain? Recent dental work causes sensitivity and teeth whitening causes sensitivity, so this would make for quite an uncomfortable situation. Obviously it depends on how recent the filling was. You might want to call your dentist to see if you should get the tooth checked or simply wait and see.

Home teeth whitening can cause sensitivity as can new dental work. I would suggest switching to a toothpaste for sensitive teeth and if you don't notice any improvement, check with your dentist.

Back