• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temporary Crown fell off Front Tooth Help ??

J

Julie30

I got a temporary crown on Tuesday afternoon on one of my front teeth it is now 3.25 am - it's been exactly 12 hours since the temp was fitted and it's fell off! My next appointment to have the permanent crown fitted is Wednesday Feb 12th. Providing I keep the crown and remaining tooth that it covered, clean etc can I just use some Fixodent on it until my next appointment or do I need to go back to my Dentist ASAP ?? I'm worried as it is a front tooth and I don't want anything awful to happen but at the same time I have a very busy day ahead tomorrow so can't hang around waiting to be fitted into the dentist. Can I deal with this myself until the 12th ?

Thanks

I got a temporary crown on Tuesday afternoon on one of my front teeth it is now 3.25 am - it's been exactly 12 hours since the temp was fitted and it's fell off! My next appointment to have the permanent crown fitted is Wednesday Feb 12th. Providing I keep the crown and remaining tooth that it covered, clean etc can I just use some Fixodent on it until my next appointment or do I need to go back to my Dentist ASAP ?? I'm worried as it is a front tooth and I don't want anything awful to happen but at the same time I have a very busy day ahead tomorrow so can't hang around waiting to be fitted into the dentist. Can I deal with this myself until the 12th ?

Thanks

Probably best you see your dentist soon.

When I had a temp crown on my dentist told me to go straight back if it came off. It is your choice but I would see the dentist, you don't want to risk anything happening to the tooth. If you ring your dentist and ask them if you could stick it back on yourself they are best place to answer you, but I think they will tell you to go and see them, it won't take long to sort out.

All the best to you :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

Back