• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temporary crown is coming off.

tigerstripedred

tigerstripedred

Please tell me A day or two of movement on this thing isn't likely to kill a tooth that is ground down about as close to the nerve as it can be without doing a root canal straight away? I'm freaking out. It's not all the way off yet but it's wobbling even with just normal tongue movement...no I am not eating on it. Haven't ever eaten on it. I'm afraid to even drink now. If I wasn't so worried this will be the final straw for the tooth I wouldn't be so freaked. It's not the first time a temp has come off for me. I don't feel confident fixing it myself. My dentist won't be in the office til friday when I am supposed to be there. Is it rude if the permanent one is already there to say I only want the temp cemented back in until friday? I'm scared to even call tomorrow if it doesn't fall out the rest of the way before then because I don't think they will believe me if I can't hand it to them...but it's definitely loose and I'm scared it might do some damage. Seriously this is not helping me not worry about the next appointment. If anything I'm afraid the implant will be delayed because of this :cry: I just want it over all of it.

This is an inconvenience it's okay

Thanks here's hoping it sticks till friday

Back