• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temporary Crown Question

C

C456

So after years of neglecting my teeth due to severe dental phobia, over the past year I've had quite a bit of work done. Yesterday I had temporary crowns placed in many places on the top and bottom of the right side of my mouth. In December I had temporary crowns placed from canine to canine on my front teeth. On February 14 they will put in more caps on the left side of my mouth before sending in the final impression for the permanent crowns.

My question is, what am I able to eat with these temp crowns in? I would chew on my left side, but they are too badly damaged and painful to chew on, and it wouldn't matter after the 14th anyway. I'm kinda at a loss of what I can and can't eat.

Any help would be great!

Hello c456,
You might want to stay away from anything sticky or hard..Maybe just soft foods..I have had some teeth taken out recently and I eat pudding, applesauce, soup, chili, hotdish, (bread, but that sticks to my teeth), spaghetti, cookies dunked in my coffee~~~the best), mac and cheese, etc...But I really want a steak!!!

Apart from nothing too sticky, I'd eat what you like TBH.

Oh, don't eat curry, sometimes they can stain the temps bright yellow. Ask me how I know :(

Back