• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Temporary crown question

C

connab

I went to the dentist to get 2 crowns last week but when I got there I told them about #4 that I got a couple of sharp pains in it on xmass eve and alot of the times I bend over, I felt pressure in it. Anyway, the tooth was fractured and I that one crowned instead(going back 1/28 for 2 crowns) my question yesturday when I leaned down i felt a little pressure again and a little achyness (not much) and I called and got them to ck the xray of 4 and there is no sign of needing a rct. Why is it bothering me a little now? I kinda feel achyness in my cheekbone too. Any info would be great. The tooth doenst hurt at all just achy sometimes. It seems like when I wear my night splint I feel perfectly fine(except tonight my cheekbone is achy).

Connab

Have you had a cold recently that has affected you sinuses? Sometimes inflammation in the sinuses can make upper back teeth ache especially when bending over. Also the cheek bone above the teeth can also be tender. These symptoms can occur after shortly you have apparently recovered from the cold.

i do see sinus pains in patients which occur on only one side. this can happen sometimes depending upon which side you tend to sleep on, or an infection which is only in one sinus.
also one of the symptoms is pain when you move posture- ie bending forwards and then being quickly upright.
it is a possibility. speak to your pharmacist about what decongestants are available. also buy some eucalyptis oil from a healthfood store, and add it to steaming water. then do the old trick of putting a towel over you head and inhale the fumes. if it is you sinus- this will help.

Back