• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrible Pain (Help w/ Christmas)

U

ursula

It's the Holidays and I'm in agony.

On a scale from 0 - 10, a few days ago when I posted I was at about a 6/7.
Now, I'm at a full-throttle 10.

I have an abcess on one of my upper left side wisdom teeth. They gave me Amoxi for the swelling but said I'd have to wait for the infection to go down before they could extract it unless I went to a sedation dentist which I couldn't afford.

The pain was so bad this morning that I called a relative for a loan and was going to go in to the sedation dentist - but he's closed today and until Tuesday.

I've put ice on it, taken Tylenol, rinsed with salt water, tried some Anbesol, everything... it won't go away. I can't rest, move, sleep, talk, I can hardly look at this computer screen. It's horrid.

I have some left over Lortab (? I think that's what it is) from when I had some teeth work a few months ago. Is it okay to take this? It's not expired. But where it's from a different tooth/different set of problems I'm nervous about taking it.

I can't make it to Tuesday like this, it's awful. Please give me something , some form of advice, anyone.

Hi Ursula, sorry to hear you're in such pain :(. My advice would be to go to your nearest ER for help.

Lortab would be OK to take for the pain, but it won't address the cause of the pain at all. Do like the Boss says and go to an ER.

Back