• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrible Toothache Pain, Help!

C

caardinal90

I'm having a really bad toothache right now, it hurts so bad I wanna cry! I tried tylenol, i tried rinsing with warm water and salt, then I tried warm water and baking soda, i brushed the sore area and also rinsed with mouth wash. It went away for awhile but it's back now. The left side of my jaw hurts, my cheek also, it even feels like the pain is spreading to my lower gum on the left side (toothache is on upper left side). Right now I'm listening to a video on youtube that's supposed to help with toothache pain.. 14 minutes and still nothing..ugh! I don't wanna go through the night like this.
Any ideas on how I can get some relief? Please help

It sounds like this could be an infection.

Only way to tell for sure is to make an appointment and go see a dentist, if it is an infection, they will prescribe antibiotics which will should relieve the pain until you an get it treated.

hello caardinal, it look like an infection which is causing the pain, i also suggest like the friend above me said to see your dentist as soon as possible until then you can try some home remedies to get temporary relief from the pain, i did a quick search on google and find this http://homeremedies247.net/get-rid-toothache.html good article with few remedies which give you relief from toothache until you see your dentist

Have you tried clove oil on the tooth? I used it for a dry socket following an extraction. It was really good but it is only a temporary fix. It sounds like a visit to the dentist is needed. I am not sure where you are but I am in the UK and find that ibuprofen is quite helpful. It is an anti-inflammatory med. You could try whatever is available over the counter in your area. Best wishes with this

Back