• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified and looking for a dentist who will understand

C

ceecee115

Hello. The thread title says it all. I had hoped to get a consultation with Jenny Pinder, however I procrastinated so long, she has retired. I'm looking for someone in London who will be understanding and not judgemental. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place - grateful for any and all help. Thank you.

Hi ceecee :),

I don't know what part of London you're in. You'd think that with London being such a major city, it would be really easy to suggest dentists, but in a way it makes it harder (also, London prices tend to be higher than elsewhere, in some cases double the cost or even more).

If you are in north west London, then it might be relatively easy to get to Welwyn Garden City, where Lincoln, one of our moderators, has his practice. One can get there from Kings Cross in about an hour (it involves a train to Welwyn Garden City, then a bus and 6 minute walk - the alternative to the bus is a cab from the station). It takes about 40 minutes to drive from say Finchley in North London if you have a car. Lincoln's website is here:

He's a lovely person so if you'd like to meet a dentist for a chat and explore what your options are I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you.

Thank you so much for this recommendation. Welwyn is quite a way from me, but it would be worth it just to have someone treat me with understanding. I think I will send an email to Lincoln (baby steps, I know) and take it from there. Thank you again.

Back