• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified and need opinions

A

Alathberry

Okay so this may be long, but I need outside input and those closest to me are over it.

After 6 years clean I have finally saved enough money to get my teeth in order. I had one wisdom tooth left, broken horizontal partially impacted, so I couldn't wait any longer. My MIL had implants at a certain place and referred me. From the beginning the dentist I was "assigned" to had what I would like to call a bad bedside manner. I should have listened to my gut, but I assumed it was my anxiety. He was not the surgeon removing my wisdom tooth and two molars. First visit after consult, I had 4 fillings. All of them were so right between my teeth I was unable to properly floss. Second visit had teeth cleaned and she was able to fix some of the flossing issues. Third visit 2 more fillings and ground down crown. They took molds and sent me on my way. 2 days late one filling fell out. Not eating. Not doing anything. The whole thing fell out. I called and they didn't seem very concerned and I assumed that they would fill it before the extraction. They didn't. So at this point 6 fillings and only one is not causing me paid or issues. Teeth were pulled and that in and of itself was the most tramatic experience. I was wide awake and aware the whole time. Meds didn't take effect till being stitched. Here's the thing tho. No after care instructions AT ALL. I went back to get stitches removed and she said I was healing slow but didn't tell me what to do or why. Also didn't fix fill once again and crown was defective. At this point I have spent thousands and have to wait a few more weeks to start the whole crown procedure over and have filling replace. And what point is it okay to say enough. I wanted to give them the chance to make me happy, but I don't think they can. My anxiety about going back is through the roof and I just don't know if I can allow them to touch me again. I feel like I have paid all this money to be butchered. Plus they don't offer nitrous so no relief or relaxation. Tell me I'm not crazy please. MIL says I am too picky and it's me. I think they are crap.... Just needed to vent I guess. This whole experience has me very jaded and overwhelmed.

I’ll start saying welcome to Dental Fear Central @Alathberry. It’s okay to have some expectations and your dentist should be able to answer them. Your MIL might be ok with some of these, but if you are not, that’s also acceptable. It might be time to look for a different dentist that makes you happy.

I’ll start saying welcome to Dental Fear Central @Alathberry. It’s okay to have some expectations and your dentist should be able to answer them. Your MIL might be ok with some of these, but if you are not, that’s also acceptable. It might be time to look for a different dentist that makes you happy.
Thank you. I just hate feeling like I am overreacting. I just don't think I can trust these people unfortunately. My husband thankfully understands and agrees.

Back