• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Terrified of losing teeth

D

Davidwilson1986

I seem to have an abscess on my back tooth. The tooth itself has been worked on loads and is in pretty bad shape. From looking at the gum, it is swollen a lot and has a white spot on the side.

I’m feeling pretty depressed because if that tooth goes then it means I will have lost two teeth quite close together.

B

Bbb

Hi,
I know the feeling. I have lost a significant amount of teeth, well I don’t know that yet because I’m going to the dentist to see what is up tomorrow.
what I can tell you for certain is that the more you think about it, the more it loops in your head and the less in reality it becomes.Your brain automatically thinks of the worse scenario, but try and distract yourself and do other things. one response I got to my thread was that it can’t rain forever and you just have to remember that. Lots of people have a genuine fear of going to the dentist - and every single one probably thinks that his/her teeth are the worst that the dentist will ever see, how ironic!
anyways I’m sure your gonna do fine! Let me know how it goes at the dentist, and if you haven’t made the appointment. Make it, and tell some friends or family so they can come with you to support you. ❤

D

Davidwilson1986

I managed to get antibiotics to reduce the swelling and I feel a bit better.

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Davidwilson1986, glad you feel better now. Keep us posted about how you get on.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Davidewilson1986

I too am glad you are feeling a bit better and hope it stays this way for you!!