• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified of sinus lift and bone graft on Monday

K

Kistome

(I think I posted this in the wrong area so posting again in this one)

I am having a implant done soon, but for now they need to do a bone graft and sinus lift prior to the implant. I am having that procedure done this coming Monday. I am scared to death. I don't really know why, but worried I suppose, that I will end up with sinus trouble, not being able to breathe out of my nose etc.

I am scared that there will be pain afterwards that I won't be able to handle....which I have had some serious pain with broken bones before and handled that okay I guess. I don't know, I guess I just don't know what to expect during, after etc. So....if you have had a bone graft and sinus lift done (together) I would like to hear from you, good or bad. Also, would like to hear from any dentists, oral surgeons etc. on how complicated this surgery is, how long in the chair, complications etc??

thanks! ~~K :hidesbehindsofa:

thanks for replying. Yes I have talked to my oral surgeon and he makes it sound like a piece of cake and told me it will be no worse than a root canal or extraction.

The only complications he said might happen is that it could not take, and then I would have to repeat it again. But I have been reading a bunch of stuff on the internet about sinus trouble and stuff like that. I guess I was trying to get a different opinion or perspective on it. thanks

Hi. I have sinus problems, what is a sinus lift. Regards:innocent:

A sinus lift is kind of what it sounds like. It's a surgical procedure to lift up the floor of the maxillary sinus (the air space in the upper jaw) to give some more bone to place an implant into. It's now a fairly routine procedure.
Nothing to do with sinus problems. :)

Many thanks gordon for info.:cheers:

Back