• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terrified to chew on my right side after extraction 7 weeks ago

K

KellyR

Hi there. I had a lower premolar extraction about 7 weeks ago. It unfortunately developed a dry socket. I have been back to the dentist and have had a review and the dry socket is practically healed on the x Ray with just a small amount of the socket at the top left to fill up. The gum Is healing well, and is not far away from closing completely. I have developed a phobia of eating anything on the right side of my mouth, I haven’t eaten anything on that side now for 7 weeks. I am still having shooting pain in my jaw on the right side which has been referred to the maxo facial department. My question is if I start eating on the right side , will it cause me any problems or pain? I’m literally terrified of chewing on that side. I am still swilling my mouth after anything that I eat with salt water rinse. But I am living on mashed potatoes, rice pudding and porridge and have done for 7 weeks. My jaw is also become quite stiff to open. Any advice would be hugely appreciated as I am in a bit of an emotional state. Thank you ever so much. Kindest regards. Kelly.

No it won't cause you any further problems. Crack on with it.

Thank you Gordon ? I’m so very grateful for you to take the time to reply. Ok I will start today ☺️ Thank you so much. Take care. Kindest regards to you. ☺️☺️☺️

Back