Terrified to chew on my right side after extraction 7 weeks ago

K

KellyR

Hi there. I had a lower premolar extraction about 7 weeks ago. It unfortunately developed a dry socket. I have been back to the dentist and have had a review and the dry socket is practically healed on the x Ray with just a small amount of the socket at the top left to fill up. The gum Is healing well, and is not far away from closing completely. I have developed a phobia of eating anything on the right side of my mouth, I haven’t eaten anything on that side now for 7 weeks. I am still having shooting pain in my jaw on the right side which has been referred to the maxo facial department. My question is if I start eating on the right side , will it cause me any problems or pain? I’m literally terrified of chewing on that side. I am still swilling my mouth after anything that I eat with salt water rinse. But I am living on mashed potatoes, rice pudding and porridge and have done for 7 weeks. My jaw is also become quite stiff to open. Any advice would be hugely appreciated as I am in a bit of an emotional state. Thank you ever so much. Kindest regards. Kelly.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
No it won't cause you any further problems. Crack on with it.

K

KellyR

Thank you Gordon 😊 I’m so very grateful for you to take the time to reply. Ok I will start today ☺️ Thank you so much. Take care. Kindest regards to you. ☺️☺️☺️