• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

TerrifiedWoman's Journal/Journey

You look great!!
Best wishes and keep loving life!!!!!
:hug5:'s!!!

Wow!!! Your teeth look beautiful!!!! Well done and I am loving your blog!!!!!

I hope you come back at some point. I have just finished reading your entire blog. I have to say that is has helped me during my process. I have been terrified of the dentist for as long as I can remember. Finally at 53 I bit the bullet so to speak and made an appt with an oral surgeon. 2 years ago I underwent gastric sleeve surgery and lost over 100 lbs. Now having my teeth fixed is the icing on the cake. I am scheduled to have all my uppers and my lower molars extracted on 9/23. I will have immediate dentures put on. Your blog has helped prepare me for this process. I will be sedated and I hope I don't remember anything. Thank you for sharing your story. It has helped me prepare and I have an idea about what I am in for. You look fabulous. ;D

You are so welcome to those who say my blog has helped. I received SO much help and encouragement here that it truly feels good to know I was able to help someone else!:love:

I am new to the forum and haven't read too many posts yet, but I did just read your entire 43 pages, and enjoyed every word. I will be having all of my upper teeth extracted soon, and be fitted with a denture, and don't think that I could ever have learned so much about the process if I hadn't read this thread. I can't thank you enough for explaining each step in such great detail, and you've really eased a lot of the fears that I had. I was devastated to read about the loss of your husband, and then your mother and dear doggie so soon afterward, but was also thrilled to see how strong you are and that you're going to enjoy the rest of your life with them all watching you from afar. Congrats on your amazing journey, your smile is stunning, and keep up the great work! :)

Hi! I'm so glad my journal has helped you. I actually went back and re-read it myself a while back and boy did it bring back memories! A lot of stuff I can laugh about now. I tried to be totally honest, because otherwise it would be of no help to anyone. Thank-you for the kind words about the loss of my husband, mother, and Lab. I still miss them terribly, especially during the holidays. I know they would want me to keep going and enjoy my own life though, so that's my plan. :)

I am new to the forum and haven't read too many posts yet, but I did just read your entire 43 pages, and enjoyed every word. I will be having all of my upper teeth extracted soon, and be fitted with a denture, and don't think that I could ever have learned so much about the process if I hadn't read this thread. I can't thank you enough for explaining each step in such great detail, and you've really eased a lot of the fears that I had. I was devastated to read about the loss of your husband, and then your mother and dear doggie so soon afterward, but was also thrilled to see how strong you are and that you're going to enjoy the rest of your life with them all watching you from afar. Congrats on your amazing journey, your smile is stunning, and keep up the great work! :)

So..it's been ages since I popped in to say hello. Hard to believe my dentures celebrated their 8th "birthday" on July 7th. Seems like just last week I found these forums and begged for help overcoming my dental fears. To anyone reading this that is just starting your journey..take my word for it..you WILL get through it..and your life will be SO much better for it! God bless..and enjoy life! :whirl:

So..it's been ages since I popped in to say hello. Hard to believe my dentures celebrated their 8th "birthday" on July 7th. Seems like just last week I found these forums and begged for help overcoming my dental fears. To anyone reading this that is just starting your journey..take my word for it..you WILL get through it..and your life will be SO much better for it! God bless..and enjoy life! :whirl:
What an inspiring story..reading your story has made me sit back and think what’s really important in life. God bless you for taking the time to share your journey and continuing to give hope to others. ❤️ I wish I were half as brave as you ❤️

Last edited:
Back