• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

TerrifiedWoman's Journal/Journey

Hi, happy lady!
Seeing you back here gave me a reason to smile today...thanks!

Hi, happy lady!
Seeing you back here gave me a reason to smile today...thanks!

Awwww, thanks! Your reply gave ME reason to smile! :)

Just wanted to share something with everyone here who supported me through my dental journey. I did something last week I NEVER thought I would do..I went to meet someone I've chatted with..for TEN YEARS..online, but had never met in person. I've had online friends ask to meet several times over the years..but due to the horrible state of my teeth I always made some excuse not to. But this time..I happily said YES! (My friend has NO idea I ever had bad teeth..or that I now sport full dentures!) We had a wonderful day..went shopping and out to dinner. And in a way, I have everyone here to thank for that. Without all the support I got here I might never have found the courage to do something about my teeth. To anyone reading this that has yet to start your journey..you CAN do it! And believe me when I say..your life will be a thousand times better when you're done! Thanks everyone! (I'm on the right in the picture.)

Attachments

• IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    630.5 KB · Views: 82
Hi Letha,

You have my permission (as if you need it :giggle:) to repost this in the success story section. What a great tribute to the quality of life, self confidence invoker having a nice smile can give.

I still think about it everytime I smile- I'm not in that "take it for granted" stage yet either- perhaps we never will be and that keeps us trying to stay healthy and spread the word that in the end- no matter how we got there- it's all worth it!!

rp

PS: you look awesome!

Thanks RP! I still have so many days that I think to myself "Gosh, it's SO NICE to be able to smile at strangers and not worry I'll frighten them!" :giggle: Simply cannot believe the difference a nice smile can have on ones life. I'm not sure any of us who have been through "the journey" will ever take that for granted. :XXLhug:

Awwwww.....love happy stories with happy photos!
And I'd know that awesome smile of yours anywhere, left or right!
Ain't life grand?

Awwwww.....love happy stories with happy photos!
And I'd know that awesome smile of yours anywhere, left or right!
Ain't life grand?

Yes..it is! :jump:

Just stopped in with sad news. My husband of 38 years was killed in an accident on Oct. 21st. My heart is broken, and I no longer have a reason to smile........

Oh Letha, I'm so sorry......how terrible. He will forever be alive in your heart, and I don't think he would want you not to smile- but in due time as the pain gets bearable.

You are both in my prayers tonight.

rp

Dear Letha...I am devasted! There are no words I can offer you, because the sudden and unexpected death of your most treasured loved one is beyond words. I can only extend my prayers...they are genuine and heartfelt.
I so hope that "grace" and the love of those around you gets you to a peaceful place soon. Because I'm sure your dear husband loved your smile above all else, and wants it to be back in your life soon.
You will be in my heart for a long time, my friend. I send smiles "up" daily, and will include them to your dear husband until you're ready to send you own.
Hugs...and more hugs,
MGH

Thank-you. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Take the time to tell those you care about that you love them daily. Sadly, you never know when saying good-bye as they head out the door could be the final time.....

Back to the dentist this morning. Decided to get my upper denture relined since it was starting to get loose. It's been 14 months since the only other reline, so it was time I guess. Get it back tomorrow morning, so I'm hiding today with no teeth. :censored:

I am certain I'm not the only one on this forum who thinks of you often and sends you hugs. If you read this, Letha, please know that you remain in my prayers.
I miss your humor, your wry sense of wit, your empathy and your joy in what you've accomplished.
I'm just sending you you affection and blessings, my dear friend.
Mghstl.

Thank-you so much. The past few months have been the hardest of my life, but I'm starting to remember the good times more instead of dwelling on my loss. I know more than anything that my husband would want me to be happy, so I'm doing my best.
I do think of the friends I made here often and hope you are all doing well. I also recently was able to help a dear frend of mine who got dentures just before Christmas. I don't think she joined the forum here, but I know she came and read a lot. She's doing really well with her new teeth.
I'll try to stop in more often. Things were terribly hectic for a couple of months, but I'm getting settled into a more normal routine now..or at least my "new normal".
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot!

I am certain I'm not the only one on this forum who thinks of you often and sends you hugs. If you read this, Letha, please know that you remain in my prayers.
I miss your humor, your wry sense of wit, your empathy and your joy in what you've accomplished.
I'm just sending you you affection and blessings, my dear friend.
Mghstl.

Good to hear from you!

You are one strong woman.

rp:XXLhug:

Time has a mysterious Kindness
What it takes away from you
It gives you back in
Memories and Wisdom

I wish you strength for the future.

It's been 17 months since I got my shiny new dentures...and it's taken me 17 months to learn something; don't try to eat Milk Duds with dentures. The upper and lower were stuck so tight together I had to remove them and pry them apart. :redface:

No more Milk Duds for moi. :giggle:

THAT'S exactly what I love about you, dear. You can put a smile on my face faster than anyone...which, then, reminds me that I CAN SMILE, which makes me smile more!
I just backspaced thru a commentary on safely consuming Milk Duds with dentures; somehow, it just read too raunchy. Knightsaber would have run with it!
So glad to see you back with your spirit intact. Your dear husband must be/would be so pleased.

Come on Letha, I would look at that milk dud as a challenge.........you, my dear can overcome anything and still give the rest of us a smile.

rp

Well I did eventually master pickles..so I guess Milk Duds can go on my list of future conquests. :hmm:

Back