• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Terror

D

Danidudley

I have been having major dental work done in Budapest, where they sedate me, which is fine, I also visit their clinic in London for stitches removed etc, I’m having major work due to appalling dental work in the 70’s and 80’s.
I have been told today that I need an extraction and it needs doing in under 2 weeks, in London, where they can’t offer me sedation. I have basically been crying for most of the day, can’t eat, am beside myself with fear
Any advice, greatly received

I don't have any advice but would like to follow this as I need 4 teeth extracted with only oral sedation and LA

I completely understand how you're feeling as I was in the same position myself 2 weeks ago. Hopefully my experience will reassure you.
I had a badly infected tooth which I'd left for a year extracted as an emergency & I was so scared I had a full blown panic attack.
The first injection was a tiny pinch & I didn't even feel the one around the tooth as it was already pretty numb.
The extraction itself took no more than a minute. There was no pain whatsoever, all I felt was a little pushing & a bit of wiggling (like when you wobbled a tooth as a kid). There wasn't any awful noises either.
It was no way as traumatic as I had built it up to be in my head. I hope everything goes well for you :)