• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Thank you DFC!

G

ghiah

Hi Peeps!
Just to let you know that thanks to reading about others experience on here I have successfully had two wisdom teeth extracted today!

Yippee!
:grouphug:

I was terrified. I read others stories of how they'd survived the ordeal and today, though a little anxious, managed to be calm as I was sedated with an IV and numbed before the teeth came out.

They told me afterwards that they were tricky little monkies as they didn't want to come out in one bit but I honestly wasn't aware of any problem at all.

I'm now a little achey and slightly swollen but I'd like to reassure anyone who was in a similar situation of pure terror...don't worry!

I really feel as if I've jumped over a massive hurdle today. Good times!

Ghiah xx

Congratulations!!! I'm happy to hear this. I have to get all 4 wisdom teeth extracted in the next few months, and I'm scared. Your story has made me feel more at ease about it.