• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Thanks to this Forum - I have clean teeth after 5 years of neglect!

E

elnewton

Hi y'all,

I have been reading this forum for about a month since discovering a brown spot on one of my front teeth. I have not been to the dentist is 5-6 years minimum and have been taking fair to subpar care of my teeth since then and so I am not surprised that I may have a cavity or more. I had put off going to the dentist for the usual reasons: fear of the drill and cost. I know that ignoring the problem will not make it go away.

However, after reading this forum and seeing posts about how the dentist will do everything they can to save your teeth (another fear I had was that my teeth were so far gone that I was going to have to have an extraction) and that the dentist will work with me as far as cost is concerned, I went to the dentist today. And...it wasn't bad. I didn't have any cavities which was a welcome yet shocking surprise. I had pretty bad calculus buildup but after about a hour in the chair, that is all gone now. My teeth feel strangely naked but I have so much more confidence now. I did not even realize how badly my teeth were effecting my self-esteem until I got them fixed.

Long story short, thanks to y'all I had the courage to finally face my fears. Many many thanks!

Hi y'all,

I have been reading this forum for about a month since discovering a brown spot on one of my front teeth. I have not been to the dentist is 5-6 years minimum and have been taking fair to subpar care of my teeth since then and so I am not surprised that I may have a cavity or more. I had put off going to the dentist for the usual reasons: fear of the drill and cost. I know that ignoring the problem will not make it go away.

However, after reading this forum and seeing posts about how the dentist will do everything they can to save your teeth (another fear I had was that my teeth were so far gone that I was going to have to have an extraction) and that the dentist will work with me as far as cost is concerned, I went to the dentist today. And...it wasn't bad. I didn't have any cavities which was a welcome yet shocking surprise. I had pretty bad calculus buildup but after about a hour in the chair, that is all gone now. My teeth feel strangely naked but I have so much more confidence now. I did not even realize how badly my teeth were effecting my self-esteem until I got them fixed.

Long story short, thanks to y'all I had the courage to finally face my fears. Many many thanks!
Well done! Join the shiny new teeth club. I can concur it was worth the effort!

Enjoy your new teeth! Simon :grin:

Back