Thanks to this Forum - I have clean teeth after 5 years of neglect!

E

elnewton

Hi y'all,

I have been reading this forum for about a month since discovering a brown spot on one of my front teeth. I have not been to the dentist is 5-6 years minimum and have been taking fair to subpar care of my teeth since then and so I am not surprised that I may have a cavity or more. I had put off going to the dentist for the usual reasons: fear of the drill and cost. I know that ignoring the problem will not make it go away.

However, after reading this forum and seeing posts about how the dentist will do everything they can to save your teeth (another fear I had was that my teeth were so far gone that I was going to have to have an extraction) and that the dentist will work with me as far as cost is concerned, I went to the dentist today. And...it wasn't bad. I didn't have any cavities which was a welcome yet shocking surprise. I had pretty bad calculus buildup but after about a hour in the chair, that is all gone now. My teeth feel strangely naked but I have so much more confidence now. I did not even realize how badly my teeth were effecting my self-esteem until I got them fixed.

Long story short, thanks to y'all I had the courage to finally face my fears. Many many thanks!

S

Surreyvwphobic

Hi y'all,

I have been reading this forum for about a month since discovering a brown spot on one of my front teeth. I have not been to the dentist is 5-6 years minimum and have been taking fair to subpar care of my teeth since then and so I am not surprised that I may have a cavity or more. I had put off going to the dentist for the usual reasons: fear of the drill and cost. I know that ignoring the problem will not make it go away.

However, after reading this forum and seeing posts about how the dentist will do everything they can to save your teeth (another fear I had was that my teeth were so far gone that I was going to have to have an extraction) and that the dentist will work with me as far as cost is concerned, I went to the dentist today. And...it wasn't bad. I didn't have any cavities which was a welcome yet shocking surprise. I had pretty bad calculus buildup but after about a hour in the chair, that is all gone now. My teeth feel strangely naked but I have so much more confidence now. I did not even realize how badly my teeth were effecting my self-esteem until I got them fixed.

Long story short, thanks to y'all I had the courage to finally face my fears. Many many thanks!
Well done! Join the shiny new teeth club. I can concur it was worth the effort!

Enjoy your new teeth! Simon :grin:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
flf42 Thanks to this forum, I'm finally on track to fix my teeth that I've struggled with since I was a child Share Your Success Story! 4
S Thanks to this forum, today I had my first visit to the dentist since 2002 Share Your Success Story! 1
Z Unexpected Success Story - Many thanks to this forum/website! Support 1
X Thanks for your help! Share Your Success Story! 3
Y I did it thanks to wonderful dentist Share Your Success Story! 2
I New to Dentures: Need Help Please, Dentist isn't helping. Thanks very much! Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 7
krlovesherkids777 In appreciation.. Thanks for the dentists on here who answer us Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
C First Visit in 10 years thanks to everyone at Dental Fear Central! Support 6
A Abscess question please answer.....thanks in advance Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 6
A Can anyone tell me how it's like to get an oral biopsy though. Thanks. Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
A Can anyone tell me how it is like after getting dentures though.Thanks. Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 8
claaayaaa Still scared... but big thanks to all here Support 3
D Thanks to everyone - my story (it's not as bad as you think) Share Your Success Story! 0
L I have an upcoming appointment thanks to your stories and encouragement Support 6
R Would you risk flying abroad with an abscess? please read thanks x Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 3
A Could somebody help me to identify the problem I am having with my gums? Thanks:) Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
D Facing my fears, with little apprehension thanks to these forums Support 11
D A question for the dentists or anyone who may know (thanks) Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 6
A PANICKING!! Please someone reply. Thanks. Support 1
FearfulInMA Many thanks; need support Support 44
R ** I need solutions for RECEEDING GUMS pain ** Thanks! Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
TerrifiedWoman Thanks for all the support over the past 18 months! Share Your Success Story! 3
G Thanks Everyone Support 1
S thanks guys Support 1
V facing it with kindness, thanks to you! Support 2
letsconnect Many thanks for taking part in the dental fear survey! Dental Phobia Discussion, News and Events 5
Topcat Crown Fitted - Thanks Everyone Share Your Success Story! 1
Mary Thanks For everything Support 2
N Thanks! It's going well Share Your Success Story! 4
F Many thanks! Share Your Success Story! 1
S thanks to all of you Share Your Success Story! 2
N Thanks !! Support 1
D Thanks to you all I went Share Your Success Story! 1
N Thanks Support 3
G Success thanks to sedation! Share Your Success Story! 5
G Thanks from USA Share Your Success Story! 2
M New to forum Support 5
P To the dentists on this forum little tricks YOU CAN DO to help your patients through their appointment other than suggesting sedation Dental Phobia Discussion, News and Events 7
letsconnect Welcome to our new forum! Dental Phobia Discussion, News and Events 10
J Re: Posting in the General Dental Forum Support 2
S new to this forum Support 2
L Dental Anxiety - New to Forum, Trying to get help Support 5
M New to forum and first time dental work and so scarred! Advice? Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 1
G Any gum flap surgery success stories in this forum? Support 2
S New to the forum extreme anxiety and some questions Ask a Dentist - For Nervous Patients only 2
P Back in this forum & worrying all over again ! Support 4
S I'm new.. is this forum still active... tips/advice needed! Support 3
E Really dissapointed with this Forum Support 11
A New to the forum, horrible experience :( Support 13
Z New to forum, severe anxiety Support 1