• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Thanks to you all I went

D

dansnag

I went and had a filling done about 2 months ago. This dentist was not a nice man. He could not get the bad tooth numb sfter several injections. Finally he said "Would you just relax, I'm going in!"  And he did. I felt everything. Well needless to say i found another dentist. I thought to myself that he will NOT get another penny from me. I went to day to have that same tooth done which has bothered me since the day it was filled. What a difference a different dentist makes. He was so personable and so was his staff. took your advice and told him i was scared and he reassured me that he will not ever do anything that would cause me pain. Also said that there are many ways to avoid a painful filling. Well come to find out this tooth had an absess. Got on antibiotics (will not work on any infected tooth till it's healed) and am going back in a week for my cleaning! Think I might treat myself to a few beers tonight for my courage! :party: Thanks all for you advice on how to get through this. Wish you all the same.

That's fantastic news :jump: - I'm thrilled you managed to work up the nerve to see someone else after your last experience :thumbsup:. The right dentist can make all the difference.

Congratulations - and I hope you did treat yourself to a few beers last night. Have a virtual beer on me, too :cheers:!!

(and: many thanks for sharing your story :))

Back