• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The first page of success story.

A

akn12h

Well I survived part one of my first dental treatment plan after a 15yrs absence. Today was a deep filling on a 2nd upper right molar and it went as well as I could have hoped. Very nervous to start but once numb it was much better than my fobia would have me believe. Not pleasent but not painful. Currently feeling bruised and slightly swollen. Next step is rct on a lateral incisor that appears to have had a chronic infection for some time. Hopefully it can be saved. Part one of deep clean is on Thurs am. Then the rct, 3 more fillings and removal of retained roots of a decayed upper left wisdom tooth. Just reading the posts on here and taking tips of how to overcome the phobia has been of great help. This one small step was a giant leap for me.

Well done!

It is such a giant leap - just getting through the doors, the first time after a long absence... And now to have successfully faced the first treatment - hopefully the stress levels will now come down to manageable and then maybe even, non existent!

Good job!

Part one of deep clean was this morning. Went well, teeth don't feel too sensitive yet and no real bleeding. Think it went better than expected as I do not need to return for 3months or after the dentist has finished my treatment plan. Hopefully I will see some re attachment of my gums as they heal on to my scale free teeth. The hygienist seemed confident about it as long as I start to floss. Fingers crossed.

Congrats for going. I didn't like to floss either, Now I do, it gets kinda gets sore but it gets better. Sometimes it takes a little longer but worth it.

Back