• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

The injection after numbing cream

L

luke88

What does the injections feel like after applying some numbing cream?

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
It depends on the technique and the anesthetic choice. Either it will burn a little to moderate amount or you will feel almost nothing to nothing.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Out of about 10 shots... I really on felt one.. like comfort dentist said I would describe mild to moderate burning or slight pinch.. thankfully my dentist is amazing with the shots and takes his time. I think it was the location of the shot that made the difference that time maybe too.

L

luke88

Out of about 10 shots... I really on felt one.. like comfort dentist said I would describe mild to moderate burning or slight pinch.. thankfully my dentist is amazing with the shots and takes his time. I think it was the location of the shot that made the difference that time maybe too.

When you say out of about 10 shots you only felt one.. Well what did that one shot feel like was it bad or?

L

luke88

It depends on the technique and the anesthetic choice. Either it will burn a little to moderate amount or you will feel almost nothing to nothing.
What does the burn feel like? is it unbearable just be honest please??

L

luke88

Does every injection hurt?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I often do not even feel the sting after the numbing gel. not even the pinch..

L

luke88

Does every injection hurt?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
it definately does Luke, in my experience most of the time, I dont even feel the pinch after the numbing gel, makes a huge difference. !!

L

luke88

Do you by any chance feel the numbing stuff been injected or is it just the pinch of the needle you feel?

L

luke88

it definately does Luke, in my experience most of the time, I dont even feel the pinch after the numbing gel, makes a huge difference. !!

Do you by any chance feel the numbing stuff been injected or is it just the pinch of the needle you feel?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
after numbing cream really I don't even feel the pinch... once in a great while will feel a very slight pinch for like 2 seconds.. but mostly I don't even feel this.. it depends on the Dr.. mine has alot of great patience and skill in making it like this and not feeling it. I'm very blessed. I hope you will be too!!

Aurora10

Aurora10

Hi, I've had my front teeth prepped for crowns several times in the past 5 months. I've had front injections years ago and they really are the worst. But my new dentist used numbing cream and after a few seconds, I put several injections in and I promise you, I felt nothing, honestly. It's really amazing how well it works and I'm so glad they have something they can use to make injections do much more comfortable. I didn't feel pain, pinching or burning. Hope this helps ?

Dg6300

Dg6300

Having gotten, also, about ten injections during a procedure two weeks ago, it was certainly a pinch, but not all that bad.

I would describe the experience more "annoying" or "sucky" than terrible or even bad.

As long as I focused on my breathing it went fine.

B

Becky_H

The needle looks horrifying.

It doesn't feel bad. I had a whole bunch of them and I was aware of maybe one and it was pinchy, at worst. And this was with a tooth with an active infection.