• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The root canal procedure??

H

Hayley08

Can anyone explain the RC procedure to me? Im having this done tomorrow and feeling nervous now its getting so close.

:shame:

I'm alot more confident than I was, and have come a long way, but RC is my next step tomorrow.. if someone can tell me what they actually do, the tools, etc. would help a bit!! xx:grouphug::p;):);D:)

I've just looked on you tube.... maybe shouldn't have done this:cry:

Whats this plastic sheet accross the mouth?? Is this always used in a RC.

Please help :shame:

Hayley08,

Firstly, you have nothing to worry about. If you had a ordinary filling, its really nothing more than that. Takes a bit longer, bit more fiddling around, besides that, there isn't much to it.

Secondy, looking on Youtube or Googling for dental stuff isn't always the best thing to do if you're apprehensive and about to have the procedure. It can scare the hell out of you and will make you feel worse, more so if you're squeamish (like me). Golden rule - don't do it.

The sheeting you saw is a rubber dam. Basically its a square of rubber with a hole in the middle that is streched over the tooth. When the dentist is doing his stuff, it stops all the bits and pieces from going in your mouth. It makes his job easier not having to contend with having to constantly suck out your mouth with that vacuum thingy. Don't worry about it. You won't notice it there. Some dentists use it, some don't.

You'll be fine.

:thumbsup:

Back