• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The sensitivity is back what can be done?

A

A196x

I always get pain/sensitivity in the same tooth (big tooth/rightside). In the past my normal dentist put a filling in and told me it was acid reflux damage. Anyways didn’t cope with the filling, and got it filed down. Eventually I then seen special care who done x rays of my teeth. They said my x rays were great? Yet the erosion on my teeth says otherwise. Which makes me wonder why did the normal dentist put a filling in first place?

My sensitivity has been there for sometime and when the dentist last seen me they put fluoride varnish that helped settle it and small amount of seL ans protect so it didn’t overwhelm me. This seemed to make things worse then settled. In past I’ve found fluoride varnish helfpul and I do brush with fluoride prescription but lately the sensitivity is up to high again. Is it possible for dentist to apply seal and protect again? When it’s only been maybe 2 months? Is there any alternatives or will I need a top up every now and again..or is there something more permanent!

You can have Seal and Protect done anytime you want.

That’s amazing! I’m going to try get this topped up next time. Do any dentists offer it or just special care?

Any dentist should be able to do it if they buy the stuff :)

Back