• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The side of my tongue hurts

Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy

So this probably sounds really stupid but ever since yesterday it’s been really hard to eat cause I have this soreness on the left side of my tongue.

And I’m not really sure what it is or why it’s sore but it makes eating sometimes even drinking really hard and I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced this or could tell me a little bit more about it I would really appreciate it

Did you recently have a dental or treatment? That does it for me.

I habe had mine get sore on the side from rubbing on my teeth, usually after I was clenching my jaw at night.

Did you recently have a dental or treatment? That does it for me.

I habe had mine get sore on the side from rubbing on my teeth, usually after I was clenching my jaw at night.

No treatment as of late but I have had this same problem multiple times over the course of like the past few months

No treatment as of late but I have had this same problem multiple times over the course of like the past few months
Is there a sharp or rough spot on a tooth that touches the tongue?

Is there a sharp or rough spot on a tooth that touches the tongue?

Actually you know what that might be it now I think about it because there’s a sharp edge on the tooth that broke off that sits in the back of my mouth and that could be why

That would make sense. When I had one of my 2nd molars extracted, my tongue would rub on the edge of the 1st molar and it was sore for awhile.

That would make sense. When I had one of my 2nd molars extracted, my tongue would rub on the edge of the 1st molar and it was sore for awhile.

It just hurts so much it’s crippling

It just hurts so much it’s crippling

You might have to go in and get the tooth fixed to solve the problem. Maybe some dental wax in the meantime, just to smooth on the sharp edge?

You may have an ulcer on your tongue, I'm sure you have looked... But if you have a whitish sore that is your culprit. Have that tooth filed that's sharp and it should take care of it :)

Back